ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
Information required by the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons in regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 /EC (hereinafter referred to as "GDPR”).
The Administrator of your personal data is: Balcia Insurance SE, registered in Latvia with the registration number 40003159840, legal address K.Valdemara Street 63, Riga, LV-1010, Latvia, operating in Poland as a branch under the name of Balcia Insurance SE Spółka europejska Oddział w Polsce with its registered seat in Warsaw, Al. Jerozolimskie 136, 02-305 Warsaw (hereinafter referred to as the “Administrator” or “Balcia”). You can contact the Administrator by sending an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOR WHAT PURPOSE DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS?
Provision of your personal data is necessary for the following purposes:
- preparation and presentation of an insurance offer or calculation – the legal basis for processing data is the necessity to prepare and present an offer,
- the performance of an insurance contract, including the assessment of insurance risks – the legal basis of the processing is the necessity of the processing for the performance of the insurance contract,
- direct marketing of Balcia's own products and services, including analytical purposes – the legal basis for processing the data is the necessity of processing for the fulfilment of Balcia's legitimate interest, which in this case is to conduct direct marketing of its services,
- alternatively, for the purpose of pursuing claims in connection with an insurance contract concluded with you – the legal basis of the processing is the necessity of the processing for the fulfillment of Balcia's legitimate interest, which in this case is the our possibility to assert claims,
- alternatively, in order to take action in connection with the prevention of insurance fraud – the legal basis for processing is the necessity of processing for the fulfilment of Balcia's legitimate interest, which in this case is the possibility of preventing and prosecuting crimes committed against Balcia,
- reinsurance of risks – the legal basis of the processing is the necessity of the processing for the fulfilment of Balcia's legitimate interest, which in this case is the reduction of insurance risks related to the concluded insurance contract.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your personal data may be transferred to entities such as doctors, property appraisers, insurance agents, repair shops, assistance service providers, external advisers, law firms, IT service providers, postal courier services, marketing agencies, data archiving or deletion entities, debt recovery processors, whereby these entities process data only on the basis of a contract with Balcia.
In cases and to the extent prescribed by law, your personal data may be transferred to authorised institutions, for example, Balcia's supervisory authorities, law enforcement authorities, legal protection authorities
FOR HOW LONG WILL WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your personal data will be stored until the statute of limitations for claims under the insurance contract has expired, or until the legal obligation to store the data expires, in particular the obligation to store accounting, tax and claims documents.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
We process personal data that may be subject to automated decision-making, in terms of assessing the possibility of an insurance risk or estimating the amount of the premium payable. Decisions will be based on profiling, i.e. on the automatic assessment of the insurance risk associated with entering into an insurance contract with you. For example, the more claims have occurred, the higher the insurance risk may be and therefore the insurance premium may be higher. Based on an automatic assessment of the insurance risk, the insurance premium will be calculated. You have the right to challenge the decision made automatically, to express your own position or to obtain human intervention (i.e. to have the data analysed and a decision made by our employee or colleague).
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT?
As a data subject you have the right to:
- request from Balcia access to personal data their rectification, erasure or restriction of processing,
- to object to the processing insofar as the processing is based on the premise of Balcia's legitimate interest,
- to withdraw consent to data processing to the extent that the processing is based on consent. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing carried out on the basis of previously obtained consent
- data portability (insofar as your data is processed by automated means and the processing is carried out on the basis of an insurance contract concluded with Balcia), i.e. to receive personal data from Balcia in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format.
You can exercise your rights as a data subject by contacting us in writing using contact information mentioned above.
You have also the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority which is The Personal Data Protection Office.